Teater Fot was established in 2004 by Lise Hovik, with a main interest in children´s theatre, and theatre for the very young especially. In 2008-10 Teater Fot toured The Red Shoes (2008), an interactive performance for children under 3 years of age. Lise defended her Ph.D thesis on theatre for the very young, The Red Shoes Project at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in 2014.
The Birdsong Trilogy (2012) was made in cooperation with Trøndelag Teater, the main region theatre in Trondheim, and consists of three shows, all of them about birds, playing and being together. The trilogy was part of SceSam – Interactive dramaturgies in performing arts for children (2012-17). It is possible to play all three shows in one day, all though we would prefer to give one day or more to each show.
The performing artists in Birdsong Trilogy is highly skilled musicians, actors and dancers. Presentation of the performing artists.
Teater Fots latest artistic research project Neither Fish nor Fowl (2017-19), has developed through several performance versions:
- Neither Fish nor Fowl (0-2 years), Pre-production presented at the Olavsfestdagene in Trondheim, Norway, August 2017.
- Beginnings (3-5 years) with co production and premiere at Teaterhuset Avant Garden in Trondheim, Norway, April 2018.
- Baby Becomings (0-2 years) premiere at Småkunstfestivalen in Trondheim, September 2018.
- Animalium for kindergarten kids is a work in progress, available as workshop and performance stunt. Premiere at Kunsthall Trondheim October 2019.
- Himmel og Hav / Sky and Sea (0-2 and 3-5) is a new touring version of Beginnings, with new text by Marte Huke and premiere in April 2020.
For international touring we prefer the workshop & stunt of Animalium or the latest performance version Sky and Sea for babies (0-2).
Sparrow is also still on our repertoir.
All of them are non-verbal and easy to travel.
Lise Hovik, Artistic director Teater Fot
Emily Fischbeck Luthentun, Producer:
+47 97 52 88 83